Thursday, November 12, 2009

Round One, Done!!

November 12, 2009

Today I finished the last of three treatments in this cycle, next week I am off! Thanks to any and all of you who said prayers that they would find a vein quickly today, they did on the first try with just a little wiggling! My army of 5 was with me and it was great for them to meet everyone that I talk about each week and put a face with all the names. It was good for them to see what great care I get at MGH. My infusion nurse Ed is back from vacation, he is such a wonderful guy with a great sense of humor.

Special thanks to Molly for my cross, I have had it with me at every treatment and it gives me strength, faith and hope. It also means a great deal to me since it came from her.

I am feeling a lot better than I did last week; so far all the nausea, vomiting and fatigue have not appeared. They gave me a steroid cocktail which seems to be doing the trick!

Jeff took today off and we went out to breakfast, did some shopping and ran a few errands, it was a nice relaxing time. The day was topped off by a great family dinner of spaghetti and meatballs with dessert made by the girls at Chris’ office, thank you for that!!

That’s all for now, I am still feeling great even at this hour and am off to bed.

Take care,
-Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Pat,
    Happy to hear that round one is done and that you are a step closer to being cancer free. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you continue to get better each day and that you find strenth in your "soliders " support and prayers! Thinking of you,
    Tricia (Clark) MacDonald

    ReplyDelete