Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another small Victory Thursday November 19, 2009 Not posted till 11/24/09


Today I was at Mass General with Jeff at 6:30 am to begin the process of inserting the porto-cath into my chest wall. Everything seemed to move very quickly and before I knew it I was strapped down on the table and everything was ready to go. I must say once again how very kind everyone was.

The procedure took a little over an hour and I was back in the recovery room at 9am. I was definitely ready for a cup of coffee. As soon as they took an x-ray to see that it was in the correct position I could have the coffee. Jeffrey had it ready and waiting for me as soon as I got back. I must tell you, it was one of the best cups I have ever tasted.

Sitting here now, it is a little sore, but they said that would only last a few days. At this stage of the war…What’s a few days!!!!

I do have some other very exciting news. Two weeks from tomorrow (December 4) Jeff, Branden and I will be flying to the BAHAMAS!!! We are going to the Eluethera Island and renting a cottage right on the beach. You can walk to the ocean about 30 feet from the cottage. How very exciting. It will be a nice break not to think about cancer, chemo or anything else. Hooray~

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Just wanted you to know you're in my head..and heart. I have been sending my distance Reiki healing for you at least twice a week. Would lvoe to be able to set up a designated time for you and I to be in 'synch' with the energy flow.
    Let's work on that.

    ReplyDelete