Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hospital Trip

After I wrote the post on the 19th I found myself back at MGH with a fever of 101degrees and generally not feeling that great! They thought that I had developed an infection from the porto cath they put in. Luckily, it was not, but I had to go through some miserable tests to find out that it was an infection from the tape they used to cover up the port site. My skin is extremely sensitive to tape. That is actually stating it mildly!!! However, today is a new day and I feel great.

I will start my next round of chemo tomorrow morning at 9 am for all those of you who are invisioning my little pac man/woman taking rather large bites out of the tumor. I will have my pac man socks on!!!

I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. All of you and my friend of 49 years, Reggie Peters. She was with Jeff and me to start my first round of chemo and she is coming again with April and me tomorrow. She has to leave the Cape by 6am. She is a mighty soldier.

Hope they give me that same steroid cocktail as last time!!!

Lots of love

1 comment: