Wednesday, December 9, 2009

TWO FOR ONE DECEMBER 9, 2009

NUMBER ONE

OK, So the Bahamas were absolutely beautiful. Branden Jeff and I had a wonderful and relaxing vacation. The cottage on the beach was just amazing. My bathroom was almost as big as my kitchen! When you sat on the deck you could hear the waves lapping on the shoreline. Talk about white coral sand and aqua blue water...just heavenly. We went to a little island called Harbour Island for a day. It reminded me a little of Nantucket, with victorian houses all painted pretty pastel colors. The homes on the water were spectacular and sold for millions of dollars. They drive on the left hand side of the road and you rent golf carts for the day to get around. That was fun. I drove for a little bit, but it was very nerve wracking. The islanders just zip around the curves. We went to the Pink Sand beach for the afternoon. It is ranked one of the top ten beaches in the world. I can certainly understand why. The sand felt like you were walking on talcum powder it was so soft. The beach had great waves and I had a ball body surfing!! I must have had at least a pound of sand in my suit when I took it off! Just great, great, great!!! Pictures of vacation to to follow.

Number Two Post

Had second chemo of round two today. April and I got up at 6 and were in there by seven thirty. Had my blood drawn and they all came back great. They are very pleased with my progress. That is good news. The chemo went great and it's so good to have the porto-cath. It makes it so much faster and easier. I will have my next treatment next Friday and then be off for Christmas. They have decided to add two more chemo treatments after that because I seem to be responding and tolerating it well. I find that to be good news. When those treatments are done then I will have the dreaded CAT SCAN. That will tell us whether I will have more chemo and add six weeks of radiation. I am praying for that. I hope you are having my pac man do his job!!! Thank you all for your cards, prayers, dinners and support. My hope lives on because of all of you!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had a great trip!
    I did a fire walk last night--three times--at Edwene Gaines' Retreat Center in Valley Head, Alabama. My feet are fine this morning, thank you! It reminded me of Isaiah 43:2: "you shall walk through the fire and you will not be burned." I know that YOU will walk through this fire and not be burned. Hawaii awaits! See you soon. Much love, Jerry T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he Bahamas sound absolutely wonderful! SOOO glad you were able to enjoy the beauty and beaches. I still remember you snorkeling with all that coral in Hawaii!! You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete