Monday, April 26, 2010

Just wanted to let all of you know that, yes, I am still alive. They told me to expect to feel like you had been hit by a truck…so in my mind I pictured a pick- up truck, not the 18 wheeler that mowed me down. Seriously, it has been a very difficult 6 weeks. The nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue has been quite overwhelming!! The good news is that this week I seem to be turning the corner. Little by little I am getting my strength back. Food is still a bit of an issue, but I am hoping that too will soon get better.
I will be going for my next cat scan on May 6th and will get the result on May 10th (my Birthday) so I am taking that as a good omen. The best news from the cat scan would be that the tumor is completely gone and the next best result would be that it shrunk enough so that it is off the hepatic artery and I will be able to have the Whipple Surgery. I am very optimistic that I will have one of these results, after all I have an army of soldiers behind me!
Thank you all for your cards, notes, dinners and most of all your prayers, love and support. I couldn’t have done this without you!!!
Much love,
Tricia

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us posted (literally) Pat. You are certainly in our prayers.

    If you need food, please let me know! We have lots of cooks ready to prayfully prepare scrumptious meals for you!

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, this is Julie Nazzaro, i worked at the pool last summer and i just wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you through this tough time. I'm working at the pool again this summer and I'm looking forward to it. I hope your next few weeks go very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be thinking of you on the 6th and on the 10th both...still actively rooting for you from here in California! -Rachel (Lyle) Hatch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I'm preaching today about how we are not ever just one thing or another, not just sick or not just well; and also not just good and not just bad; and also not just free and not just enslaved.

    You inspire me because you are more than just sick. You are so totally alive. Your light is bright, and we get to read God in that light.

    Love,
    Laura Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear things are starting to look up again....I think that Mothers Day and your birthday are just going to be great omens! Cant wait to see you! When you coming over to say good bye to 44o union? We miss you!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You continue to be in my prayers, and I was so glad to see you again at Blue Shirt and at church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think of you often and always send positive thoughts your way. Happy birthday and I hope that you get the gift you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear the news today. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not been on your blog very often but you are in my prayers every day. I continue to see you as perfect health. God has a story of strength and courage for you to share; I believe you are going to be healed and be the expression of the perfection God already knows you as. Possibly, you will be sharing your story and infusing others who need the strength and courage you have so elegantly and powerfully walked during this time.
    I am so thankful to call you "friend." I am EXTREMELY grateful our paths crossed sixteen years ago. Over the years your friendship has been such a tremendous gift. I love all the "girlfriend" time and all the conversations and all that we have ever done together. You inspire me, you love me and I love you. You have repeatedly been an angel in my life at all the perfect junctures. I value you and your friendship with all my heart. I am proud to call you my family, my friend, my confidant, my girlfriend. I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete