Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recruiting all Soldiers!!!

Today I am announcing, although some of you already know, the sad news that I have inoperable pancreatic cancer. There I have said it. Now we get on to the purpose of this blog. I am very optimistic with the help of Tricia's Army that I can destroy this tumor. It has been done. Why not me? I know that there are plenty of you out there that will pray and think of me. I am also asking you to join my Army. Every Wednesday about mid day (For you West Coast Soldiers much earlier!) please close your eyes and envision a pac man cursing through my veins and attacking this tumor.

I am going to use this blog to keep all of you informed with my treatment and what is going on in general. I welcome any comments, suggestions or ideas that you may have. However, as most of you know I can be a little on the stubborn side, so I may not take any of it :)!

What has happened so far; I had my first round of chemo on Wednesday, October 28th and will have it again this Wednesday, November 4th and next Wednesday, November 11th and then there will be a week off! Then they will start the cycle again with three weeks of chemo and one week off again. My team at the MGH Cancer Center will then reassess, and determine if the tumor has shrunk at all. If it has then they will do radiation and chemo. The goal is to be able to operate and remove the tumor. That is not possible now as the tumor has encased the hepatic artery which makes it too dangerous to operate.

I firmly believe with the power of prayer and faith and a whole lot of love we can conquer this insidious disease. I need your help. Please join.

2 comments:

  1. I am here! Full of love and ready to help in any way I can... XOXOX Love Lynai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, so good to talk to you the other day! I'm here, storming the gates of heaven with fierce prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete